From, today network topology mapping becomes simpler and more comprehensive. SolarWinds Network Topology Mapper which just launched in March as version 1.0, has evolved so quickly that we are launching version 2.0 today.
This release is power-packed with a lot of cool new features that allow you to
- Discover and add Microsoft® Hyper-V® hosts to network maps
- Modify node details on network maps (system generated node name, node role & management IP address)
- Manually connect devices on network maps
- Schedule export of NTM Maps to Orion® Network Atlas
- Store device credentials within NTM database for future reuse
- Be compliant with and support FIPS 140-2
Let’s explore some of these new functionalities.
DISCOVER & MAP MICROSOFT HYPER-V
Now you can scan your Hyper-V virtual infrastructure, and discover the host and guest (virtual machines) operating systems. You can add these nodes to the network maps which already supported VMware® mapping. Now you will get a comprehensive map and resource distribution of your virtual infrastructure on your network.
- Virtualized links are presented as dotted links from the host to the guests making them distinguishable from Layer 2 and Layer 3 link connections
- There are different roles for the host and guest making it more distinguishable on the network map
SCEHDULE MAP EXPORTS INTO ORION NETWORK ATLAS
NTM 2.0 allows you to set up scheduled node discovery for mapping based on time of the day or day of the week or month. You can now automate the process of updated NTM maps (based on scheduled discovery) to be exported to Orion Network Atlas.
While setting up the discovery schedule, enable the option that says “Keep Network Atlas updated with these discovery results”. Once this is enabled, the next time you log into Network Atlas, you will be notified of an updated map from NTM, which you can then choose to place it on SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor (NPM).
ABILITY TO MODIFY NODE DETAILS
After having discovered and added a node to NTM, you can now edit and modify 3 fields for the node details:
- Node name
- Primary node role
- Polled management IP address
HERE’S HOW YOU CAN GET THE NEW “NETWORK TOPOLOGY MAPPER 2.0”
- Customer with current maintenance: download the new version via the customer portal: http://customerportal.solarwinds.com/customerportal/
- Evaluators can download a 14-day free trial: http://www.solarwinds.com/register/index.aspx?Program=17592&c=70150000000PjNE