Why do we need reporting in the first place? Efficient help desk ticketing management starts with measurement. Reporting is one key feature of help desk software that enables management to see technician performance, pinpoint the most troublesome dilemmas, find the customer’s location, and make informed decisions.
From a recent help desk survey, we learned that:
- More than 48% of help desk professionals spend more than 1 hour managing & tracking tickets
- More than 75% spend more than 1 hour on troubleshooting & ticket resolution
- More than 30% work on more than 10 tickets each day
- 78% said their organization (<500 employees) processes up to 50 help desk tickets a day
- 65% said their organization (>500 employees) processes more than 50 help desk tickets a day
You’ll notice, the dominant pain points appear to be ticket volume, ticket troubleshooting/resolution time, and the number of tickets handled by help desk professionals every day. Built-in reporting and metrics for these parameters will not only give management tools to track performance and make sound decisions but truly empower help desk professionals to better manage their entire IT environment.
Around 42% of the respondents said performance reporting and metrics are key functions they want in help desk software.
SolarWinds® Web Help Desk™ software offers built-in, customizable and intuitive reporting, with five key features to address these common problems. Moreover, Web Help Desk is 100% Web-based and eliminates the need for multiple, separate installations on each computer.
Key Features to Look For
- Real-time performance reporting – Incident frequency, real-time billing data, technician performance, and customer support requirements are graphically represented in real time in the Web Help Desk console for easy access anywhere, anytime.
- Intuitive dashboard – Technicians and supervisors can customize what they want to see in the dashboard, by ticket activity, ticket priority, alert level, and so on. The widgetized set-up allows for uncomplicated arrangement and customization of the dashboards.
- Customer survey reports – Data collected from customer surveys let help desk management see critical information, like specific areas of customer dissatisfaction, patterns of recurring issues, and causes of bottlenecks during ticket resolution.
- Scheduled report delivery – Managers and supervisors can get various reports delivered to their inboxes, at predefined intervals and with levels of granularity they choose.
- Data exports – A wide range of helpful reports, segregated by group names, can be executed and exported to PDF or TSV formats at the click of a button.
Detailed reporting and performance measurement of your IT service desk doesn’t have to be cumbersome or time-consuming. SolarWinds Web Help Desk combines robust, yet easy, reporting with simplified help desk management tools that you’ll want to use day-after-day, week-after-week.
Take a test drive today!