Escalated alerts won't give you the massage you so desperately need, but they can relieve a bit of your daily network management stress. Here's how your life might be right now, and then how your life could be if you enhance a typical network performance monitoring approach with escalated alerting.
Network Management Without Alert Escalation
You are a member of a small IT group at WidgetCo, and you're the point of contact for network management. One of your core routers has gone down hard, and your entire sales group is without network access. You don't know this yet because
- You're not in front of your web console.
- You've been in a meeting for the last half hour.
- You left your phone in the car after lunch.
- You can't check your email, and your VP of Sales is on his way to the IT corral; his hair is on fire.
Your career at WidgetCo may be shorter than you once thought.
An escalated alert won't remind you when you left your phone in the car, but it will make sure your other IT guys can cover for you when you can't get the job done yourself.
The escalated alert feature of SolarWinds Orion enables you to customize a series of alerts to trigger successive actions as a defined alert condition persists. Let's see how an escalated alert might have helped your situation.
Network Management with Alert Escalation
You are a member of a small IT group at WidgetCo, and you're the point of contact for network management. One of your core routers has gone down hard, and your entire sales group is without network access. You don't know this right now (see above), but you need not worry, because an escalated alert has your back:
- Immediately, as soon as NPM recognizes the down router, you get both an email and a page. An entry is also recorded in the Orion events log.
- If the alert is not acknowledged in the Orion Web Console within 2 minutes--and it won't--a second alert is fired, generating another email and another page, both of which are sent to you and to everyone on your staff. An entry is also recorded in the Orion events log.
- If the second alert is not acknowledged within 2 minutes, NPM fires a third alert that sends both a third email and a third page to you, to your staff, and to your boss, the director of IT. (Remember, you're a small IT group) An entry is also recorded in the Orion events log.
- Your boss can intercept the VP of Sales or even give him a heads-up before he hears about it from his guys.
- You can buy lunch for your boss tomorrow, and any other day thereafter that he requires it.
Escalated alerts can ensure that everyone on the WidgetCo IT staff is notified of any significant network alert conditions within 5 minutes without burdening your IT manager with excessive alert notifications when you are in front of your web conosle.
For more information about using Advanced Alerts, in general, see the SolarWinds Technical Reference, "Understanding Orion Advanced Alerts". For more technical details about configuring alert escalation, see "Escalated Advanced Alerts" section of the SolarWinds NPM Administrator Guide.