Of course we listened... actually. That's what we do.
Anyway, over the past year, we've done a huge amount of growing and thinking on the community side and sometimes we got it right (ideation comes to mind...vote on those feature requests) and sometimes, well, we missed a bit (what the **** is a space?).
So, we spent the last two weeks working with our designers and our UX folks to come up with, test, and implement our new navigation. Some things to note...
- Spaces are gone. That construct just didn't work for you or for us... everything really was a forum, so why call it something else? Forum is back.
- We split the general forums from the product-specific forums. Any product-specific forums will now be located under Product Forums:
Any general discussions will go on in the General IT Forums... that includes the Ambassador posts, so keep a look out here:
- We renamed a few forums, but we hope they are self explanatory, for example, General Networking became Network Complexity under the General IT Forums and General Log and Event became Security and Compliance. If you are looking for anything and cannot find it, always feel free to reach out to me (MTorok) or Danielle (DanielleH). We will get you where you want to go.
- We dropped the Groups tile off the top of the site. Groups are not gone, but we heard most people are invited in a different way. So, if you are looking for groups, you can still find all of them under Community in either of the new menus:
And you can find your specific groups by clicking on your name, and then selecting the Forums & Groups tab. From there, you can selectively filter on those groups you follow or those you're a member of.
- As with Groups, you can find all the blogs together in either of the new menus, also:
- Looking for the Free Tool forums? They aren't gone... you'll find them under Tools in the Product Forums:
Clicking that link will let you browse all the forums of all our free tools.
- Lastly, we renamed Social Groups to just Groups... again, that's just what we call them?
If you are seeing any kind of strangeness in the nav, like these gaps:
Press CTRL+F5 and it should clear up with a hard refresh of the page.
Please feel free to reach out, as I said before, if you can't find what you're looking for. We're interested in hearing your responses and reactions to the changes.
See you on the boards,