Thanks to everyone for their contribution, but the submissions are now closed.
It’s no surprise SolarWinds loves hearing from all of you in the community, but there’s never enough time to speak with everyone. As much as I like typing to everybody, I like seeing your bright, shining faces even more. I’ve met many of you in person at events or SWUG™, but I’d like to know more of you and hear your SolarWinds story.
So, here’s what we propose: record a short video (technical guidelines below) of how your journey has been with SolarWinds.
Things to include:
- State your name, your title, and what year you started using SolarWinds; e.g. “My name is Kevin Sparenberg, I’m a Technical Content Manager, and I started using SolarWinds in 2008.”
- How did you start working with SolarWinds solutions?
- How have you used the products in your job?
- How has SolarWinds helped your career?
- BONUS: You have 10 seconds – what does SolarWinds mean to you?
Since I was a customer for so many years, I’ll share my story first:
As you can see, this isn’t a SolarWinds Lab™-level production. I just took this video with my laptop using my webcam. This is exactly what we’re looking for: you, your story, and your journey. We don’t want or need fancy studios, visual effects, or gimmicks to hear from the community. I was unshaven, without make-up, and just sitting at a desk with natural light. What do the kids say nowadays? Oh yeah: #NoFilter.
That’s it. That’s our request. Your video could be as short as 45 seconds but should be no more than five minutes. Whatever time it takes for you to tell your SolarWinds story is just fine. If you’re new, give us your impressions; if you’re an old hat, then tell us more about your journey.
- For taking the time to do this for us, all participants with completed submissions will receive 3,000 THWACK points you can use in the store.
- The first 50 submissions will also receive an exclusive SolarWinds 20 hoodie. [Terms and Conditions: US, UK, CA | DE | AU | HK, SG]
- Then, a panel of judges will pick a single submission and that contributor will receive a cold-aisle data center survival pack including the SolarWinds 20 hoodie, a thermal insulated mug, and an emergency blanket. [Terms and Conditions: US, UK, CA | DE | AU | HK, SG]
How We’ll Use the Videos:
Like I said earlier, we love seeing and hearing from our customers. As SolarWinds reaches another milestone this year – marking 20 years in business – we want to make sure everyone gets a chance to contribute. We want your help in marking this milestone. Our Video Team will expertly craft the submissions into videos to be used as part of our celebration. I’m anxious to see everyone’s submissions.
Best Practices for Recording Video:
|Don't Do These Things...|
IMPORTANT - Upload Process:
- Preferred video file formats are MP4, MOV, MKV, or WMV.
- Name the video file with your THWACK handle. For example, my video filename was “KMSigma.mp4.”
- Upload the signed release with your video. This allows us to use your video. Use a matching file name (like "KMSigma.pdf").
- Failure to upload a completed, signed release will disqualify your submission.
- The submission process will close at 11:59 PM Central Time on Sunday, September 22, 2019. Any submissions after that time cannot be accepted.