We are excited today to launch a new certification program (GNS3 Certified Associate) for the next generation network engineer that focuses on the core skills needed today for the new era of rapidly changing, programmable, automated and intelligent networks.
In today's rapidly changing networking environment where billions of IoT devices are being added to the Internet every year, it is no longer enough for network engineers to simply configure network devices manually via a Command Line Interface (CLI). Network engineer skill-sets need to diversify to include network programmability and automation skills such as Ansible and Python, programmable APIs, Open Networking technologies, virtualization, Linux and support of multi-vendor environments.
The GNS3A program will prepare you to have the knowledge and training to:
- Install and build virtual networks using GNS3 with knowledge of multiple vendors and protocols
- Explain and describe GNS3 core functions and architecture
- Identify and troubleshoot GNS3 installation and configuration issues
- Program networks using Python network automation scripts
- Implement OpenFlow based SDN networks within GNS3 topologies
- Implement Docker based appliances within GNS3 topologies
- Describe DevOps terms such as Data Formats, APIs, REST, NETCONF and others
- Program networks using Ansible network automation scripts
- Install and configure Linux based virtual machines and core Linux functions
- Install, configure and troubleshoot hypervisors such as VMware Workstation, ESXi, QEMU and VirtualBox
Exam Details (70 questions with 80% Passing Grade)
Core GNS3 skills - 50%
- Explaining GNS3 architecture
- Explain, configure and troubleshoot GNS3 hypervisor options
- Explain and contrast GNS3 device support
SDN and Network Programmability - 40%
- Describe SDN terms and definitions
- Describe and contrast SDN visions
- Explain virtualization concepts such as nested virtualization, host virtualization, network NIC virtualization, network device sizing and scaling
Linux - 10%
- Describe Linux distributions (Red Hat, CentOS, Fedora, Debian, Ubuntu, Mint)
- Configure, verify and troubleshoot IPv6 addressing, default gateways and static routes (Ubuntu)
- Describe file copying, moving and deleting (Ubuntu)
How To Train For Exam?
We recently launched the official GNS3 Certified Associate training program on GNS3 Academy. We are offering up a 50% discount on the training program from David Bombal. Get started here.
What Is the Cost?
What Are GNS3 Certified Associates Saying About The Program?
GNS3A certifications offers well-structured curriculum and hands-on oriented. The certification proves you have the requisite knowledge in GNS3 architecture, multi-vendor networks, network automation, and programmability.
- TAK MEM, LOY, Senior Network Engineer (AT&T)
I've learnt a hell of a lot going through the process to gain my GNS3A certification, i went in with 15 years of Network Engineering skills. I completed David Bombal's GNS3A Certification course in the GNS3 Academy, which is full of practical hands on learning and came out with a an excellent working knowledge of all things automation. Our job as network engineers is changing, and in order to stay ahead of the rest, we need to change too, this course gives you the exposure to just about everything you need to know about where this industry is heading. Absolutely thrilled about what this certification will do for our industry.
- WARREN SULLIVAN, Senior Network & Security Engineer (Queensland Government)