The Good, the Bad, and the Undetected
You see, in this world, there are two kinds of companies: those that hope they’ll never be breached, and those that already have been. Either way, you’ve gotta watch your back. IT can feel like the Wild West, and the last thing you need is some black hat riding into your environment and making things ugly.
Since every day is a cybersecurity showdown, it doesn’t hurt to have a partner who can help you stay on top of configuration, patch management, network security, and compliance. Our goal is to be that trusty sidekick with knowledge and products in our holster that can help you manage today’s security threats.
Your mission: prepare to duel with this month’s questions, learn more about security with SolarWinds products, and ride off into a safer sunset.
Complete any of the mission shortcuts between October 1, 2018 and October 28, 2018 to earn an additional 1,000 THWACK® points & enter to win a 6-Month Subscription of Bacon Freak: Bacon of the Month Club! (Up to 3 Entries)
- Download a free trial for Loggly
- From the Source Setup page, click Dashboard in the top navigation bar
- On the Manage Dashboards page, click Preconfigured Dashboards in the upper right corner
- Take a screenshot of your Preconfigured Dashboards page
- Submit screenshot here
- Download a free trial for Log & Event Manager
- Navigate to the Build tab and select Rules from the dropdown menu
- In the left-hand window under the Rules Categories & Tags header, expand the Security menu
- Under Security, click on the title of a pre-built rule that you believe to be most important for your threat detection initiatives
- Take a screenshot of the rules you have created for the category
- Submit screenshot here
- Try out a free Risk Intelligence Data Breach Risk Scan
- Copy & Paste this command into a Windows command prompt:
PowerShell (New-Object System.Net.WebClient).DownloadFile('https://app.ri.logicnow.com/scan_me/templates/RREIRSQ/win_script.txt',
2. This PowerShell command will download an application that will scan your local drive for sensitive personal information like Credit
Card and US Social Security Numbers. Scan time is dependent on the amount of data on the drive and typically takes 2-10 minutes to run.
3. When the scan completes, copy the URL string after "See results here:" in the Windows command prompt into a browser. Your scan results report will display.
4.Take a screenshot of the top of the page. (Be sure to not grab any confidential information!)
Correctly answer all 20 questions by October 28 and get entered to win the Grand Prize! Bitfi Cryptocurrency Hardware Wallet