GNS3 version 1.5 has been released. Get Started Here!
The major new features of 1.5 are:
- Docker containers support
- 4K monitors support on Windows
- The import/export of portable projects (.gns3project), this last feature is designed to work with the GNS3 VM.
- Other important changes since 1.5 RC2 are:
- The Windows all-in-one installer is now signed.
- Show grid and snap to grid options.
- Configurable proxy settings for the GNS3 VM.
- The GNS3 server default port has been moved from 8000 to 3080.
- Qemu VM type has been dropped when adding a new Qemu template using the Wizard. Please download a template from the marketplace to install pre-configured VMs as described in this documentation.
- Please report bugs/issues found in that release. We cannot possibly test every use case and we depend on reports to improve GNS3 (Thanks!).
Windows and Mac OS X
Files for Windows and Mac OS X can be downloaded from here.
For Linux users we recommend an installation via Pypi.
pip3 install gns3-gui==1.5.0
pip3 install gns3-server==1.5.0
For an installation from our PPA (Ubuntu based Linux):
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gns3/unstable
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install gns3-gui
Docker support implementation was started by Goran Cetusic during the Google Summer Of Code 2015 and finished by the GNS3 core team. Also, we would like to thank Bernhard Ehlers and Aj Nouri who contributed a lot of their time to test it.
We also have some documentation about using a Docker container in GNS3 that can be found on https://gns3.com/support/docs/docker-2