We are super excited today to announce another great addition to the GNS3 Academy Line-Up with our "Python Network Programming - Part 2: Multivendor Environment" course. Because we love Thwack Users so much we are providing a special THWACK discount to get this course for only $19 for a limited time. Check it out > Python Network Programming - Part 2: Multivendor Environment | GNS3 Academy
Don’t miss out on 185+ lectures in 1080p Full HD format with improved audio, 10+ hours of network automation and programming quality content and 15+ Python scripts for you to download and use on your network devices right away, for free. A fully optimized and ready-to-use Ubuntu VM, quizzes and a final network programming project are also included in the course.
Let me tell you what's this course all about:
- Learning to use amazing Python libraries and tools to manage network devices easily and without writing too much code.
- Connecting remotely to network devices and read/extract/display/store command output, using interactive Python scripts, on: Cisco IOS, Cisco IOS XE, Cisco IOS XR, Juniper JunOS, Juniper (Netscreen) ScreenOS, Arista EOS, HP ProCurve OS and Avaya ERS OS.
- Configuring (one or more) network devices remotely, using interactive Python scripts, either by specifying the commands at the prompt OR asking the script to read them from one or more text files, on: Cisco IOS, Cisco IOS XE, Cisco IOS XR, Juniper JunOS, Juniper (Netscreen) ScreenOS, Arista EOS, HP ProCurve OS and Avaya ERS OS.
- Executing configuration commands on multiple network devices from multiple vendors simultaneously.
- Working with a device inventory in XML/JSON/CSV format and network metadata, while easily counting your registered network devices, getting device information by IP address, searching and listing device information, checking IP reachability and SSH availability and much more, using a simple but efficient tool in the Python interpreter or Linux shell.
- Managing network device credentials in a centralized, encrypted file.
- Managing access lists and converting access lists from one format to another using a very efficient tool (Example: Converting a Cisco IOS ACL to a Juniper JunOS ACL).
- Automatically executing commands upon device login, right from the Linux shell.
- Getting device interface information fast, right from the Linux shell and saving the information to local storage.
- Working with Python and SNMP and easily performing SNMP GET, SET, SET multiple OIDs, WALK, GET-NEXT, GET-BULK operations on Cisco, Juniper, Arista and HP network devices, using only a few lines of code.
- Parsing locally stored Cisco, Juniper, Arista and HP configuration files and extracting various pieces of information, using a very straightforward Python module.
- Managing device configuration changes using a script that regularly saves the configuration files from your network devices to the local system, compares them with previous file versions, builds a report with all the differences and either stores the report locally and/or emails the report to the network administrator’s email address(es).
- Performing various small network tests and operations using the Python interpreter.
Still not enough for you? Let me describe a few more features of this course:
- More than 15 Python scripts for you to download and use right away, for free. The scripts are customized for each vendor in the course.
- An amazing optimized Linux Ubuntu VM, with all the tools, modules and dependencies already installed and all the scripts ready to be executed on the devices in your network.
- Command cheat sheets with all the essential commands and lines of code in each section.
- Quizzes and a final network programming project for you to build and implement in your test lab/network. Also, the solution for the project is explained and tested.
- 1080p, Full HD videos. Improved audio quality.
- 185+ lectures and counting. Over 10 hours of content.
- Concise and focused lectures. Straightforward configuration of devices. Less software and operating system complications. Less code to write and troubleshoot. All the scripts I provide are fully interactive.
- Bonus: a Python module created by me personally for handling Avaya ERS switches, which you can download, use and modify without any restrictions, for free.
- My full support for any questions or suggestions related to the course.
- Unlimited, lifetime access to the course + instant and free access to any updates.
- Finally, don't forget you are covered by a 30 day money back guarantee, full refund, no questions asked!