FSM is a new product, now part of the SolarWinds portfolio, which can perform analysis and reporting around security rules that are in your firewall and router configurations.
Even though the product is called “Firewall Security Manager”, it is also very much applicable to the security rules of your routers.
So think of “Firewall” as the function and not the device.
FSM has tremendous value, not only to perform firewall - the device - config analysis, but also does a great job looking at your router’s firewalling features such as ACLs and NATs…
FSM supports the following devices:
• Cisco Security Appliances: PIX, ASA, FWSM, ASA 8.3
• Cisco IOS routers: Version 12.0 to 12.14, excluding X* Series
• Juniper firewalls: Netscreen, SSG, ISG
• Check PointTM products: SmartCenter NG/NGX, Security Management R70
• Check PointTM platforms: SecurePlatform, Check Point IPSO (formerly Nokia), Crossbeam, Linux, Solaris
The product can be run standalone, or integrated with SolarWinds Network Configuration Manager (NCM). More on this integration here.
(Much) more here