We have reached the Release Candidate (RC) status for Network Configuration Manager 7.3. RC is the last step before general availability and is a chance for existing customers to get the newest functionality before it is available to everyone else.
Here is the content of this RC version:
- NCM and NPM databases become merged
Streamlined node management: Using a single database enables NCM to manage its nodes, adding and removing them, on the Orion Platform HOME page.
Optimized reading and writing: Merging the NCM into the Orion Platform database, and using a single database schema, facilitates the NCM software’s use of SQL statements to efficiently manage the insertion, retrieval, and modification of data.
Account limitations applied to jobs: Using a single database enables NCM to apply Orion Platform account limitations in creating and managing jobs.
Subviews: Using a single database schema allows NCM to efficiently support subviews.
- Enhanced Configuration Management
This version introduces a much more flexible user interface for doing your configuration management work.
- Enhanced EOL/EOS data and data management.
NCM offers additional EOL/EOS inofrmation and higher granularity for tracking the reliability of the data.
- Enhanced Web Console
- Admins can clear all transfers for all users from the Transfer Status resource.
- Jobs Summary sorts by any column in the table.
- Users can preview the list of nodes assigned to a job when the criterion is "Dynamic".
- NCM uses SWISv3 to manage the web console’s database transactions.
More details and screenshots can be found in Beta2 for Network Configuration Manager v7.3 is Available!
RC builds are made available to existing customers prior to the formal release. These are used to get customer feedback in production environments and are fully supported. If you have any questions, I encourage you to leverage the NCM RC forum.
You will find the latest version on your customer portal in the Release Candidate section.