We are happy to announce the arrival of the brand-new SolarWinds NAT Lookup free tool.
We know how frustrating it can be when your users can’t even get through the firewall to their own network. SolarWinds NAT Lookup helps simplify the network address translation lookup process to help get your users beyond their firewall translation issues, prevent overlapped policies that cause incorrect translations, and effectively troubleshoot address issues.
So, what exactly can you do with this new addition to the SolarWinds free tool catalog?
- Search an IP address across one or multiple Palo Alto firewalls.
Quickly perform an IP lookup on one or multiple Palo Alto firewalls to verify IP translation information.
2. Troubleshoot and verify NAT policy configuration
Render complete lists of all NAT policies that apply to a searched address to spot overlapping policies, cross-reference the policy configuration to live session traffic, and see the order of overlapping NAT policies.
3. See live session traffic per firewall for the translated address
Gain insight into live session traffic per firewall for each translated address to help ensure the policy configuration matches observed behavior and performance.
4. Export information for records keeping
Keep historical records of each executed search by exporting the policy configurations from the tool into CSV file format.
- Removes the need for users to have direct access to firewalls
- Easy distribution to other IT groups instead of granting direct access to your sensitive firewalls Helps users identify dedicated translated addresses
How do you plan to use SolarWinds NAT Lookup? We’d love to hear from you, so feel free to post your use cases in the comments below.
If you’d like to get the nitty-gritty, in-depth info about NAT Lookup and how you can make the most of it, check out this article.