Calling network engineers, network architects, and network defenders alike. We are happy to announce the arrival of the all-new SolarWinds® Flow Tool Bundle.
With this free tool, you can quickly distribute, test, and configure your flow traffic. Showcasing some of SolarWinds signature flow traffic analysis capabilities, the Flow Tool Bundle offers three handy, easy-to-install network traffic analysis tools: SolarWinds NetFlow Replicator, SolarWinds NetFlow Generator, and SolarWinds NetFlow Configurator.
So, what exactly can you do with this new addition to the vast family of SolarWinds free tools?
Here’s the breakdown:
SolarWinds NetFlow Replicator
- Configure devices to send flow data to a single destination, then replicate the flows to a general-purpose flow analysis platform or even to a security analysis platform
- Split off production flow streams to test new versions of the flow collector
- Run sampled flow streams to multiple destinations or only to the destinations you designate
- Reduce traffic through costly or low-bandwidth WAN links to decrease the volume of network management traffic
- Enable segmentation of the managed domain to separate destination analysis platforms
SolarWinds NetFlow Generator
- Troubleshoot flow tools to confirm that locally generated simulated traffic is visible in the tool
- Validate the behavior of load balancing architectures
- Test firewall rules that span across a network or those that are implemented on a host to confirm that flow traffic can be received
- Perform performance and capacity lab testing
- Perform functional testing to confirm that flow volumes are accurately represented
- Test trigger conditions for newly created alerts and reset the alert behavior
- Test new NetFlow application definitions
- Populate traffic for demo environments
SolarWinds NetFlow Configurator
- Analyze network performance
- Activate NetFlow and find bandwidth hogs
- Bypass the CLI with an intuitive GUI
- Set up collectors for NetFlow data
- Specify collector listening ports
- Monitor traffic data per interface
How do you plan on using your Flow Tool Bundle? Install it today and let us know how you have been leveraging these awesome new free tools!