Let’s be honest, all of us need an SSH client from time to time. And when that SSH client is needed, most of us just use the standard PuTTY tool without question. Does this mean that PuTTY is a really good tool? Sure, it is… but could it be even better? We believe so. And we decided to prove it.
After months of development, we’re happy to introduce you to SolarWinds® Solar-PuTTY, an enhanced version of the most popular SSH client on the internet. We like PuTTY for its reliability and speed. And when you have to change anything on the server remotely, it’s still a decent choice… until you need to manage saved sessions, or if you’d like to connect to more servers at one time, or if you want to use the same script 100 times.
In all these scenarios, PuTTY has its limits. And at SolarWinds, we don’t like limits. So, we went beyond them and pushed PuTTY to the next level.
So, what are the key benefits of using Solar-PuTTY as your SSH client?
- A new, fresh, browser-like interface—it’s easy to navigate, and everything is available in just a few clicks
- Manage multiple sessions from a single console with a tabbed interface—you don’t have to run countless instances of the tool when you need work on more machines at the same time. All sessions are available in a single console with info about the name and status
- Save your sessions, credentials, or private keys for easy login—you can access any saved session from the homepage with a single click. Usernames, passwords, and private keys can be stored and linked to one or multiple sessions when it’s needed
- Filter saved sessions based on IP address, hostname, login, or tags—start typing into a search bar, and Solar-PuTTY will apply the filter in real time.
- Automate all scripts you’re using when a connection is established—is there a set of commands you need to use right after initializing a telnet connection? When you need just a minute to do it one time, it sounds like no big deal… but what about a situation where you need to do it 100 times per a day? Save the script once and let Solar-PuTTY do it automatically
- Auto-reconnect to a timed-out session—what if something goes wrong? Solar-PuTTY gives you details about what happened and the option to reconnect to the server with a single click. You don’t have to set up everything from scratch
- Last but not least, Solar-PuTTY is available for free
As you can see, Solar-PuTTY keeps all the strengths of the original open source tool and adds the most-demanded features to bring you the best possible experience with SSH clients on the market. It’s time to say goodbye to Excel® spreadsheets and start managing your remote sessions in a more professional way.
What are you waiting for? Click the link below to download your Solar-PuTTY free tool by SolarWinds. No installation needed.