This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Best Practice for 650 File Exist Monitors?

OK, so I've got my wildcard and variable working in my individual file monitors (see Wildcard in middle of File Exist Monitor?).

My question now is, since there are 650 client folders that I want to monitor, what's the best practice for doing this? Is 650 too many for a single application monitor? Should I break them down alphabetically so I have all the "A" clients in one application monitor, all the "B" clients in another application monitor, etc?

• I would strongly encourage you to break these up somehow across multiple application templates. Reason being is that individually components within the same application are processed serially and the timeout value applies to the application as a whole, regardless of how many component monitors it contains. This means that in order to process 650 file monitors may take longer than the default 300 seconds allotted for polling a single application. This means you will need to increase this value substantially to accommodate all 650 file monitors. Alternatively, breaking these down into separate applications will allow you to parallelize the polling.

• Thanks for the suggestion. I've created 26 individual application monitors, with anywhere from 1 to 68 components each, depending other factors. I'll see how that goes...