This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

RFC: Crazy Idea... Your Thoughts Needed

Hi All SolarWinders and SolarWindees,

As some of you know - I am ultimately in love with SolarWinds, with Thwack and with all those behind the scene, as they all do absolutely fabulous job for us, for simple Engineers, Gurus, Senior Architects, CIOs and whatever else you might be calling yourself...

After working with SAM and NPM products for a few month now (7 exactly) I have achieved a lot in monitoring IT Systems, bringing awareness and confidence into team and keeping it all fun at the same time. Yes, SolarWinds WILL work out-of-the box, but I also have invested (and still investing) massive amount of energy, time and creativity into designing what I call a monitoring "framework" or "workflow". It is still work in progress and I am truly lucky to be involved in this process without much interference, micromanagement and bureaucracy from senior management. So, I am Thanking them as well if any of them will ever read this emoticons_wink.png

Now, here is to the crazy ones... (as Steve Jobs puts it):

What do you think about organizing some kind of "Knowledge Exchange" local meetups at the places of your work - a place where you create, live most part of your day and I hope have some fun as well.

Well... we can keep it one-2-one or one-2-two (maximum one-2-three) so that we can visit each other at our place of work, show what we do, share what we have done, inspire each other, share knowledge and experience, discover new techniques and tricks, learn about new SolarWinds products (I am using just fraction out of 30-40 products that they have) and how they fit into real production environment helping business to be better off, and of course generating new ideas, new insights and maybe even new movement... Yes, I personally like writing, but I also enjoy listening, talking, asking questions and discussing stuff with real people in real life.

Got-cha... there are few areas I would like your thoughts on:

1. How does it sounds in general?

2. Are there any of you interested, who are based in UK (travelling to USA sounds like very expensive crazy idea) ... I just need one of you interested to start rolling it on and we will see what it is going to come out of it.

3. I have no idea what my top management will think about it (so, I assume neither you do). Some data in some companies can be very confidential... but c'mon... you do have visitors and guests occasionally, don't you?... "Never Say Never" (... yes, I like him as well emoticons_happy.png). So, I am yet to discuss this with them and I hope they won't mind having some crazy SolarWinders and SolarWindees visiting us from time to time...

Please, Please, Please... Looking Forward For Your Comments Below

Work With Passion,

Alex