This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

UDP Alert Help

I have set up a very simple device poller to monitor red alarms on Juniper equipment.  I would like to generate an alert whenever this UPD indicates a new alarm.  The UDP works well, it will show the status; 2 for no alarms and 3 for alarm set.

Poller Setup.png

Poller Test.png

So I think the poller is ok.  I want to set up a simple alert and this is what I get:

Alert Setup.png

I have tried changing from status to Numeric Status with no change.  The really odd thing is after I get this error I get a odd condition showing up.  I clicked ok on the error message and added a simple condition.  The result was this:

Alert Setup Odd.png

The simple condition showed up but so did the CustomPollerAssignmentID.  I don't know where this is coming from, I can delete it but if I make any changes it comes back.  Is there any reason the simple alert of Poller Name and Status wouldn't work?  Am I just missing something?  I tried this on two seperate installations (networks) and I get the same results.  I am running NPM 10.7, NCM 7.2.2, SAM 6.1.0 and NTA 4.0.1.  Any ideas?