This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Remove Solarwinds

This has got to be the worst product uninstaller in the world.
8 Uninstallers and it still isn't fully removed.

I've had to manually remove the all the SQL info, the remnants in program files, and am working on the registry.

How do I remove the solarwinds performance monitors? 

• Thank you for posting in Thwack, Harold.

After performing the steps as documented in this article: http://knowledgebase.solarwinds.com/kb/questions/759/How+do+I+fully+uninstall+Orion+NPM%3F

and yes, unfortunately, the process does involve some manual removal steps, what do you still have left.

Can you share an image of what you mean by "SolarWinds Performance Monitors"?

• solarwinds1.JPG

I have been following that article and to be honest.. it's worthless

I have followed it:

The ORION database and sql instance had to manually be removed

It fails to remove the Solarwinds performance counters.

If fails to remove other registry entries.

Every time I think its uninstalled, I find more trash left behind.

After looking at the whole scenario, I'm going to rebuild the system.

• The ORION database and sql instance had to manually be removed

Yes, they do. The article says so in Steps 17 and 18.

It fails to remove the Solarwinds performance counters.

This is what I'd like to get more information about.

If fails to remove other registry entries.

This is new information in this discussion. Specifically which registry entries have not been removed?

In Step 9 thru 11 the article provides instructions on removing certain registry keys. Did you remove those keys?

Do you have registry values someplace other than those keys that have been left behind?

Finally, as regards the embedded image: It looks like you did not perform Step #6 of that procedure: Remove SolarWinds Orion Information Service.