This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Monitor LOG files (.txt, .log) for keywords and/or Monitor specific eMail (Subject) for keywords possible?

Hi,

I'm new to SAM. I have two questions:

1.   It's possible to monitor an LOG file (.txt / .log) for specific keywords and define an alert action?
2.   It's possible to scan specific exchange mailboxes (for SUBJECT) in our case an IT Alert mailbox?

Thank you for any help!

Best Regards
Michel

• 1.   It's possible to monitor an LOG file (.txt / .log) for specific keywords and define an alert action?

Yes. See one (or both) of the following SAM application templates.

2.   It's possible to scan specific exchange mailboxes (for SUBJECT) in our case an IT Alert mailbox?

Not currently at this time. What exactly is it exactly that you are trying to accomplish? Are you trying to chart the number of messages that meet that criteria and be alerted when it exceeds a specific number? You could do something similar using the Exchange 2010-2013 Statistics with PowerShell template which provides a monitor for the number of Items in mailbox of specified user.

• On your second point - I guess what you want to do is to trigger SolarWinds alert when you have an email in your IT Alert mailbox from different system. If this is the case - I recommend you considering AlertCentral product to replace this mailbox in the first place. AlertCentral integrates with SAM very nicely and can also be used to setup sophisticated rules to route your email alerts from other systems to where they belong.

--

AS

With Alert Central no longer supported, Pingdom is now the closest relevant SolarWinds product.

| Pingdom