This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

AppInsight for SQL - Not able to change some component monitors - stuck on "Loading component editor settings"

Is it normal for some of the components in the AppInsight for SQL SAM template and application to remain grey and stuck on the message "Loading component editor settings" when you attempt to view or edit them?  From the manual 6-1, it looks like they can be changed.

We're on SAM 6.0.2 ... Orion Platform 2013.2.1, SAM 6.0.2, IPAM 4.1, NCM 7.2.2, NPM 10.6.1, NTA 3.11.0, IVIM 1.9.0

4-22-2014 3-04-29 PM.jpg

• Some components listed in the Editor are only applicable to specific versions of MSSQL or the node polling method used.  If these unknown components are not seen on the Application Details view, then this is most likely the reason why.

• This db is

SQL Server Version11.0.3000.0
    SQL Server Product LevelSP1
    SQL Server EditionStandard Edition (64-bit)

Polling method is:  WMI for the node.

Deadlocks/sec is red on the AppInsight for SQL page (which has the Application Details on the upper left).

The value is 0.  (I tried to drill into a specific database to see it, but haven't had any luck.) .. Update ... I see why it's red.  It's looking at a 24 hour window and it was only displaying a portion of that window.  When I scrolled to the left, I saw the spikes.

4-23-2014 9-20-33 AM.jpg

When I drill into this component, I get this chart.  Shouldn't the axis have values other than 0 and the pop-up box?

4-23-2014 9-37-38 AM.jpg

• The axis is likely rounding to two places right of the decimal. I have seen similar behavior myself when the value variance is simply too small, such as 0.00000000000000001 to 0.00000000000000002. While this can be graphically represented in the chart easily, handling an infinite number of digits written out in the X axis however can cause some very strange and undesired effects.

• I confirmed this was the case.  Thanks for your help!

I'm still not sure why I can't changed the threshold.  But after we fix the other errors, I may not need to.

• Well that didn't take long.  We would like to adjust the 'Target - Total Server Memory' setting, but it's not letting me.  Plus, since it's greyed out, I can't even scroll the description to read it.

• How are you trying to view/edit this setting? Is it though the assigned application or the template itself? I would recommend editing the assigned application itself and leaving the template as-is. If that still doesn't work for you, please upgrade to SAM 6.1.1 as this contains several fixes that may be applicable to your situation.

• Both .. as the template and the application.  I'll let you know if SAM 6.1.1 corrects it. (I'm not sure when we'll be able to install this.)