This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

AppInsight for Exchange - Connection Test Failed and CopyQueueLength Questions?

I've recently upgraded the Server & Application Monitor to version 6.1.0 and introduced AppInsight for Exchange to my SolarWinds environment.

In my environment, I have two Exchange 2010 Database Availability Group (DAGs). One of the DAGs are in my local DataCenter and the other is across the country in a remote DataCenter. For the DAG in the local DataCenter, I was able to add my DAG servers to be monitored by AppInsight. However, when I try adding AppInsight to my remote DAG servers, I get a general error.

I've followed the same process that worked for the local, configuring in accordance with the SAM Administrators Guide. I've confirmed the FireWall is good, PowerShell Permissions, tested with winrs from the Orion server to the remote DAG Servers, etc. The Exchange credentials are the same for both DAGs. I can even go into the Application Monitor edit, confirm the URL's for Exchange & Windows PowerShell, run a Test Connection, and it returns "Test Successful." After the successful response, I click on Configure Server and it appears to be doing something and then simply returns the following error: "Connection Test Failed - Could not connect to EX-G2 [object Object]" Does anyone know of more in-depth logging / error messages I can leverage to try and identify the underlying issue? I'm at a loss with this one.

For one of the two Exchange Servers that reside in my local DataCenter Database Availability Group (DAG), I'm receiving a Critical warning that my CopyQueueLength (CQL) is too high. Specifically, it's reporting that my CQL is 3.0 - well above the 1.0 threshold. However, I can pull up Windows Performance Monitor on that server and confirm that the individual database CQLs are all 0. The "_total" is reflecting the number SolarWinds is reporting. Clicking on the CQL link in SAM, I read the "Expert Knowledge," and confirmed that everything was satisfactory as presented. I have also tried looking online but haven't been able to find a resource to determine if this is a false positive or whether I in fact have an issue here.

Any insight or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, in advance, for your time!

• Are you able to map a network drive from the Orion server to that Exchange Server's administrative share (\\servername\C$) running at your remote data center using the credentials you provided for monitoring?

• aLTeReGo - Sorry for the delay in responding. I was out of the office for the weekend. Anyhow, to answer your question, yes. From the local DataCenter, on the Windows server hosting the SolarWinds Orion suite, I can map to the \\RemoteServer.domain.fqdn\c$ and \\RemoteServer\c$ with the credentials provided for the monitoring.

I can also launch PowerShell, via RunAs, with those same credentials and leverage WinRm (via winrs) and PowerShell Remoting (via Enter-PSSession and Invoke-Command).

• Oddly enough, without changing anything else, I was able to get it to finally "just work" by re-attempting to configure the server a few times.

No idea.

Anyone know if there are logs I could dig through to try and identify the issue for the future?

• On the Exchange Server itself you will find a "RunWinRMConfigurator.log" file under "C:\ProgramData\Solarwinds\Logs\APM\" that contains all information related to the configuration process.