This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Using print screen in MRC v9.0.1.247

I am trying to find a way to use print screen on the remote hosts desktop using Dameware, however, it does not work. I tried a few suggestions from the v6.9 post but unfortunately, none of those helped. any help would be much appreciated.

• Can you provide some additional detail on specifically what's not working?  Is the option grayed out, or is it enabled and just doesn't do anything?  Screenshot(s) would help as well.

Thanks!

Craig

• The "Screenshot" button works fine, but I have to go through and save it on my pc or go through the network directory and log in with admin just to get it onto their pc. I just want to be able to hit "Print Screen" and paste into a word document or paint or something directly on the Remote PC. If I try to use the prnt screen button on my keyboard, it doesn't actually take a screenshot, so there's nothing to paste into paint for them.

• Understood.  It sounds like you're trying to get a screenshot onto the remote system.  Is that accurate?  If that's the case, this is not what the 'Screenshot' feature was designed for.  The 'Screenshot' button was designed to easily take a screenshot of the remote system to be saved on the machine where you're actually running the MRC application. 

-Craig

• That's exactly what I'm trying to do, and I understand that that's not what the 'Screenshot' button is for. I actually found a way though, now. I just have to use the 'Snip It' tool built into windows. Thanks for your replies though. emoticons_happy.png

• Good to know.  Sorry we don't currently support what you're specifically trying to do.  Glad you found something that worked!