This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Application Monitoring to detecting in SAM

Hi,

I have added my windows 2008 Server in to SAM to monitor the applications

But, I have assigned few inhouse applications to monitor but SAM shows its down whereas the services are up and running fine.

If possible can anybody please give me the procedure to add or assign my application into the SAM?

Appreciate all your replies

Thanks,

VIshak

• The very first question is how you have added the applications to be monitored? Is is via Application Monitoring Templates or something else? The basic procedure is:

1. Create Application monitor using available templates or you can create your own as well.
    2. Add components to Application Monitor as your applications would be monitored with the help of these components and component type would depend on the type of application you want to monitor
    3. Assign the Application Monitor to a node or you can say you have to mount the Application monitor to a node to get the Applications monitored.
  • I suggest trying to create a new application template based on one of those servers that isn't working using the Component Monitor Wizard and see if that yields different results.