This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SNMPv3 issue/configuration with NPM 9.1

Greetings,

My company just purchased 9.1 and the last couple of days I've been trying to configure it with a test switch (cisco 3750 IOS C3750-IPBASEK9-M), Version 12.2(44)SE2) Cisco's recommended for SNMPv3. I've entered in all of the proper commands many time as advised by cisco. For now I did noauth since i'm just trying to get this up and running for test then i'll setup MD5 or SHA1 depending on what I want.

Under NPM 9.1 I enter in the correct crediantials and it's trying to establish a communication with my switch but then comes back with the following:

"the node '192.168.1.1' does not respondwith the supplied credentials

I've spend about a day and a half going over all of the configs from Cisco and have just opened a TAC with them to see what they have to say. Has anybody else ran into any issues. I'm reading now that SNMPv3 with version 9.1 is a little buggy so i'm not sure if this could be part of it. I've also opened a ticket this morning with Solarwinds for asstiance.

I've also had debug snmp setup and I see the server sending packets to the switch but then nothing.

Thanks