This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Edit Selected Action / Variables question

FormerMember
FormerMember

Hello all,

My issue today is that I'm getting what appear to be 'cooked' values when I haven't asked for them. For instance, why is ${Acknowledged} giving me "Not Acknowledged" when I should be getting a 0? (or, I assume I'll get "Acknowledged" instead of a 1.)

Also, ${Status} is giving me "Up" instead of the numeric value, which is what I'd expect given the fact that I can get a string or 'cooked' value from the ${StatusDescription}.

Of course, the fact is, the help at;
http://www.solarwinds.com/documentation/en/flarehelp/NPM/default.htm#OrionCoreAGAdvancedAlertVariablesGeneral.htm#_Toc369089274%3FTocPath%3DNPM%20Admin%20Guide%7CNPM%20Variables%20and%20Examples%7CAdvanced%20Alert%20Engine%20Variables%7C_____1

doesn't actually tell you what kind of data you're going to end up with. (string, int, DateTime, etc.)

I guess the question is, are those the expected values of those variables? Also, IS there a variable that will give me the Status and/or the Acknowledged values as their numeric/ID values?

Any help appreciated.
Thanks!