This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Required polling type for AppInsight for SQL?

Hello,

I recently installed Server and Application Monitor 6.1.0.

I've added all of my SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1 cluster instance virtual ip addresses as nodes. they are being polled via SNMP. I am unsure if this is the correct polling type i need to use. When i try to assign the nodes to AppInsight for SQL the test times out.

I am wondering if i should be using WMI instead, does it matter what type of polling i choose for servers? Thank you.

• AppInsight applications should not be manually assigned to nodes like traditional application templates. This method only exists to allow users the ability to forcibly apply them to nodes should discovery not work for some reason. Enabling an AppInsight application is really no different than selecting a volume or interface. Click "List Resources" on the "Node Details" view of the server where SQL is installed and select the SQL Server instance you wish to monitor.

Add Node - AppInsight.png