This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Netflow charts on

So I have Netflow 4.0 running in my environment

Main Orion Server and Primary web server

Secondary Web server

Secondary poller and NTA flow database ( beefy server )

So when I go to the netflow on the primary server is see the data in the charts like i am supposed to but when i go to the secondary web server URL  i don't see the charts and get that typical data not shown error message

Primary Web URL                                                                                                                                           Secondary Web URL

Screen Shot 2014-04-10 at 2.33.33 PM.pngScreen Shot 2014-04-10 at 2.32.32 PM.png

Thoughts ?

• Sounds stupid, but check if all those servers are using same time, timezone, DST setting.

Re: Netflow charts on
    fitzy141Level 1

good thought didnt check that .. but i think I am ok also checked to make sure current versions of NTA 4.0 - opened a ticket with support as well

• Re: Netflow charts on
      fitzy141Level 1
      checked all that - working with support
      • Correct AnswerRe: Netflow charts on
        fitzy141Level 1
        Got some directions from support but the copy and paste he gave me was missing somethings - but i figured it out and got it working. manually edit "C:\ProgramData\Solarwinds\NTA\FlowStorageClientConfig.xml" file on Additional website, change "net.pipe" to "net.tcp" and change "localhost" to "hostname:17777<http://hostname:17777/>" where "hostname" is hostname of machine where FSDB is located (you can use also ip address).
        Example: "net.tcp://qa-brn-cjir-01:17777/orion/nta/FlowStorageService" (tcp://qa-brn-cjir:17777/orion/nta/FlowStorageService) where "qa-brn-cjir-01" is hostname of machine where FSDB is located.

Step Two

1. On Additional Website copy the file “Solarwinds.Netflow.Utils.dll” (in the default installation folder):
        C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion\Information Service\3.0\SolarWinds.Netflow.Utils.dll
        into C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion

2. After coping the file run the Configuration Wizard and select all three options, Database, Website and Services