This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Top 5 Applications - Unmonitored Traffic

We use Commvault for backups.  One main port it uses is 8605 which I have defined.  It also uses a bunch of high random ports, so when looking at our Top Applications the unmonitored is always in the top 3.  I created an IP address group to include only the IP addresses of our backup servers, but that only helps when looking at the IP address group graphs/reports.  Is there anyway to do this so Top applications unmonitored is not so big?

I have done some searching and no luck so far.  This isn't traffic from unmonitored devices, but more like unknown data/ports from monitored devices.

Along with creating the IP address group, also in Netflow settings --> Applications and Service Ports I created an app called Commvault.  I have it set to port 8605 since I can't leave it empty.  Also set the Source and Destination to my IP address Group.  Should I set the port range from 0 - 65535?  If that will only monitor those ports between those IPs then that might work, but I don't want to do this if it is going to monitor all ports between all my netflow devices and cause my DB to grow insanely.

Thanks