This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Alert Palo Alto HA change state

Hi,

I need to check if the status of the HA on Palo alto 5020 change.

For this, i have created a new poller with UDP:

I found the right OID ( 1.3.6.1.4.1.25461.2.1.2.1.11 )

This pollers return 3 states in raw text:

disabled if HA is not enable

active if HA is enable and the firewall is primary

passive if HA is enable and the firewall is passive.

Now i have no idea how to use this on solarwinds to create a visual alert and make a trigger to alert me if we have any change on this values

• Klinnex,

this doesn't seem like UDT related question. Could you please raise it in the appropriate product thread?

Thanks

• My question is most global.

When a UDT and a Custom Poller Thresholds is define, they don't change the global status on the node when the status come to critical.

The only ways to see is a threesholds is critical that seem to be a MAP.

• Hi klinnex,

Hopefully this will help you out a little. There may be a better way of doing it but this works for us. Note that this is for Cisco HSRP states on devices but you should be able to apply it to your Palo Alto. Here's the scenario:

Router A = Primary device (should be active)

Router B = Standby device (should be standby)

So I have two UnDP pollers:

HSRP_StateOnPrimaryDevice

HSRP_StateOnStandbyDevice

Both of these poll for the SNMP OID of 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.106.1.2.1.1.15 (CISCO-HSRP-MIB:cHsrpGrpStandbyState).

Router A is assigned the HSRP_StateOnPrimaryDevice poller and Router B is assigned the HSRP_StateOnStandbyDevice poller.

Then I created two Advanced Alerts:

"Cisco HSRP primary device not Active":

Capture.PNG

"Cisco HSRP standby device not Standby":

Capture.PNG

So now when Router A state is NOT active, it fires an alert. And when Router B state is NOT standby, it fires an alert.

Although this is a little messy in my opinion, it does work. I hope this helps you! Good luck.

• btw, this is the UnDP that works for Cisco HSRP in case this helps you with your Palo Alto HA:

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG