This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How does one monitor multiple Apache/Tomcat instances on a Linux host?

We have multiple Apache instances on hosts that need to be monitored. They may share an IP addr but be on different ports, or they have different IP addrs and ports. I see in the Apache template, there is a configurable port, but nowhere to set an IP addr.

Questions:

1 - Do I copy the template for each port used?

2 - If I alter the port in the template for a particular instance, let's say to port 30022, does this affect all Apache monitoring or is the template used to build and associate Apache monitoring to a specific node (that is the implication of the term "Template")?

3 - Is there a way for SAM to auto discover the Apache instances? Can SAM pull Apache instance information from a file held on the host for example?

4 - How do I do this with the Tomcat template on Linux since it appears I can only assign "Windows" credentials or "Inherit Windows credentials from Node" (this a Linux server, so the credentials are username and SSH key!)?

4 - How do others do this?

Thanks,

• The template would need to be copied/duplicated and the perl script altered to gather information from those other Apache instances. The port in the template is the SSH port used to connect to the Linux/Unix host. It is not the TCP port the Apache web server is listening on.

• That does not seem "Enterprise" scalable or worthy. On AIX servers, there can be A LOT of DB2 instances, and on big Linux boxes there can be many Apache instances. There must be a way to programatically probe the node and find the instances and populate template properties appropriately.