This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

upgraded from 10.5 to 10.9.1 and snmp mid browser not working

hi,

recently upgaded the toolkit and now snmp mid browser isnt working

have tried a repair too

if i use mib walk, it works fine.

using the same deive and same credentials  i get a error saying "connectivity test failed: timeout (31040)

yet  when in snmp mib browser and check credentials, it passes this

• Hello,

SNMP MIB Browser is a Workspace Studio Gadget, so if you want to change any settings, you should run Workspace Studio and make the change there (in Settings / SNMP).

If it won't help, I'd suggest to follow these steps (verify setting in the configuration file):

1. Go to c:\Users\<YOUR_ACCOUNT>\AppData\Local\SolarWinds\Dashboard\

2. Open file MIBBrowserSettings.xml

- Look what values is stored under setting ICMPTimeoutTimeSpan

Default is 2sec (<Setting Name="ICMPTimeoutTimeSpan" Value="00:00:02" Type="System.TimeSpan" />)
    3. Also please look if there is a file MainSettings.xml in the same folder

4. If you won't be able to find the MainSettings.xml file or that setting, please:

- backup MIBBrowserSettings.xml file and then remove it
       - Run Workspace Studio - it will create file MainSettings.xml
       - Verify the value of SNMP Timeout in Settings / SNMP (you can change it to maximum - 10sec)
       - Close Workspace Studio

- Run SNMP MIB Browser and verify if it works now

Thanks, JM

• have increase figure to 10, and still the same problem, on some ites i can get the tables,  but not when I click get Treesnmp-error.png

• OK,

please locate file SolarWinds.Net.SCL.dll.config, open it and change 0 for value property to 20. It will change the number of items sent in SNMP GetBulk request/reply (by default it is calculated automatically):

<add key="snmpGetBulkReplyItems" value="0" />  change to <add key="snmpGetBulkReplyItems" value="20" />

You can also try to use old version of MIB Browser, you can find it in the Toolset installation directory as "Deprecated_MIB-Browser.exe".

If it won't help, please contact our support.

Thanks, JM

• Haven't tried the dll yet, but wanted to say the deprecated browser is a pleasant quick fix.  ty.