This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Trend Micro OfficeScan monitor for Virus Pattern file out of date

We want to be able to monitor and alert on Trend Micro OfficeScan or Deep Security clients virus pattern files when they are older than a certain number of days. I see there's an old thread on someone attempting to create a custom script that didn't appear to work correctly, TrendMicro Pattern Version, and the only template I find for this component specifically applies to Trend Micro Server Protect. Trend Micro Server Protect (Windows)

File pattern age registry path.PNG

Looking at the script from the first post in 2011, I can verify the path, for a OfficeScan client on our network as an example (we will be migrating eventually to Deep Security), so was hoping to revive interest in either getting this script to work for officescan and then update for Deep Security, or there is another avenue I should be looking at to accomplish same goal? Still novice with scripting, so interested in learning.

• The script referenced in the TrendMicro Pattern Version thread was written in vbscript, which can only be run locally on the Orion server itself. In order to collect information about registry values on remote Windows hosts the script would need to be written in PowerShell, which includes a remoting and impersonation mechanism (WinRM). You may want to post this to the Script Lab where most of the script gurus hang out as they are wise beyond their years in the ways of PowerShell scripting.