This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Discrepancy in Events being reported

I created a REPORT to display all Events "Today".  The following was reported:

-------------------------------
20-Nov-07 02:15 AM      Informational    Starting Nightly Maintenance
20-Nov-07 02:16 AM      Informational    All Events older than Nov 20 2006 12:00AM were deleted during nightly database maintenance
20-Nov-07 02:17 AM      Informational    Nightly Maintenance Completed
-------------------------------

On my Network Summary page I have a resource to show "Event Summary - Today".

These three information events are NOT included in that summary.  If I manually go to "Events" on the menu bar and display Event Type = Informational, and select "Today".  Still nothing.  If I display Event Type = Informational, and select "Last 7 days".  Still nothing.  There appear to be events I can view when creating a report, but cannot view by any other means.

• Never mind...

It's a Cleared/Not-Cleared thing.  My REPORT was showing acknowledge/not acknowledged, and the Event viewer only shows "not acknowledged", by default.  You can change the drop-down to show acknowledged events, but there is no way to show "both" types.

•  FYI - within the Event Viewer if you select "All Events" and choose, "Show cleared events", that is a bit confusing.  The result is that cleared AND not cleared events are displayed.  I would have expected ONLY cleared events would be shown, since I elected to "Show cleared events".  Had that said, "Include cleared events" - the combination of cleared/not cleared would be more straight forward.

I'd like to be able to view ONLY cleared events and there doesn't appear to be a way to do that.