This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Exchange 2010 Database Availability Group

Can this monitor multiple databases or do we need 1 for each and if so what is the format of the script arguments?

thanks

Tony

• You will need to copy the component monitor within the template and specify a different database you would like monitored. Repeat these steps for all databases that are part of the DAG. For more information see the thread below.

• AppInsight for Exchange, which is part of the SAM 6.1 release, currently in beta, includes the ability to monitor individual mailbox databases dynamically as new ones are added or removed.

• Hello aLTeReGo

Can you please advise how you copy the component monitor in the template?

I have opened the Exchange 2010 Database Availability Group template and clicked "Add Component Monitors" but the "Status of database copies" is not available?

Add component.JPG

I do not see an option to copy?

• I would strongly encourage you to use AppInsight for Exchange, which is now officially released in SAM 6.1. Copying a component within an application template cannot be performed within the application template editor. This function can be found under [Settings -> SAM Settings -> Manage Component Monitors within Templates] Select the component monitor/s you'd like copied and then select "Copy To" from the top menu and choose "Copy to Assigned Application Monitor" or "Copy to Application Monitor Template" depending if you want it copied to the original template or just a specific instance assigned to a node. This function can be used to copy components within the same application template, or to different templates.

Copy Component Monitor.png