14 Replies Latest reply: May 28, 2013 12:33 PM by extrands RSS

NPM 10.5 RC 2 Available

michal.hrncirik

All, NPM 10.5 is now in Release Candidate stage. That means, it is available on your customer portal for download or you may find direct link here, after filling a quick survey.

In version 10.5, you’ll find:

• Routing information including alerting for major routing protocols (RIP, OSPF, BGP)
  • Interface filtering to import discovery results:
    • Exclude virtual interfaces and access ports
    • Select interfaces based on pattern matching
  • Multicast traffic information monitoring and alerting, including topology information.
  • Interface auditing
  • Improved web-based reporting interface

RC version is fully supported by SolarWinds support and it is regular update for your production NPM server.

thanks!

• Re: NPM 10.5 RC 2 Available
    rsbomar

Michal,

Thanks for your help and time today I really appreciate it.

Just something I found today that I wanted to bring to your attention.  I have a custom view that I was working on (I didn't have this set up with 10.4 so I can't say this worked before) and on the customize page I configured the view limitation to a "Single Group".  I added a resource for "Top XX Nodes by Average CPU Load & Percent Memory Used" and they both work as expected with only Nodes for the Group I selected showing up.  However I added resources for "Top XX Monitored Processes by CPU Load & Physical Memory" and those resources don't limit the view to the single group.

Any insight?

extrands

Question on adding the polling for routing and multicast.  Is there a way to globally enable it on nodes already discovered?  So far, I am having to perform a list resources on each individual node.  With over 4000 nodes, this may take a while. 

LDave

Hi Michal,

will the "Improved web-based reporting interface" replace the good old win32 report writer / scheduler or will it be an addition to those?

extrands

Absolutely love the new interface filtering for discovery.  This is a long anticipated change, and very much appreciated.

rsbomar

I have noticed another issue with the RC.  I have a pc with 2 large TV's that is used just for monitoring our network.  This is done using the single sign-on and has worked fine up until 10.4.  The single sign-on works with the RC but after about 10 minutes we

get the following page:

swto.jpg

jspanitz

Poking around the web based reporting - it appears to be a read only interface - no way to create new reports via the web.  Is that correct?  Just want to make sure I am not missing the ability to create new reports.

extrands

Found a minor issue in RC2. export to PDF does not appear to work on interface details summary pages.  Other pages work fine, only the interface details summary is not creating a PDF.  Tried IE, FireFox and Chrome browsers, same result.  Anyone else seeing that?

batusek

Hello. Are you talking about the "Interface Details" page? Also, it would be nice if you tell us, what exact resources you have one the page. We were not able to reproduce the issue in-house.

extrands

Yes, the page that will not export to PDF is the interface details page.

I am running left navigation, and a three column orientation.  On the summary page, I have Percent Utilization,Min/Max/Average bps, Min/Max/Average packets , Total Bytes Transferred , In/Out Errors, Interface details, Maximum Traffic Today and the Percent Utilization Radial gauges.

I did just learn that the issue only seems to affect the Interface Details Summary tab.  PDF's correctly export from the other tabs I have created in left navigation.