4 Replies Latest reply: May 3, 2013 11:24 AM by rwoolley RSS

Can't seem to get Transform working right

rwoolley

I have the custom UnDP configuration for some APC devices and they are polling the Amps load (returned in 10ths of Amps). I'm trying to run a transform on them so I can have a gauge actually read in a regular place value (5.3, 12, 14.1, etc) but I can't seem to get it to do division correctly.

When I use {rPDULoadStatusLoad.1}/10 as the Formula, all I get is 0.1 as the test result. When I use one of the built in formulas to convert the Poller to something else, I get the various numbers as they should be (for example, doing FtoC for temp units just to make sure I'm getting a valid input).

What am I doing wrong with the formula?

• Re: Can't seem to get Transform working right
    zbynek.botlo

What is the OID you are trying to transform?

rwoolley

rPDULoadStatusLoad.1

zbynek.botlo

This OID (rPDULoadStatusLoad=1.3.6.1.4.1.318.1.1.12.2.3.1.1.2) refers to a table. You can still do the transformation but you can get more than one result. Here's the formula:

{rPDULoadStatusLoad}/10

If you are interested only in one specific row from this table you should create GET UnDP for this specific index and then transform it:

UnDP

OID = 1.3.6.1.4.1.318.1.1.12.2.3.1.1.2.1

Name = rPDULoadStatusLoadSingle

SNMP Get Type = GET

Transform
      {rPDULoadStatusLoadSingle}/10

rwoolley

I see what this thing is doing. I was already monitoring those OIDs broken up in to rPDULoadStatusLoad.1, .2 and .3. I was not pulling from the table, but the individual points. I just removed the decimal points from the names and reapplied my transforms and now they're all working.

Looks like the Transform doesn't handle decimal point/period in the OID name correctly and treats it like a number, instead of part of the string.

So,  in the end, my OIDs and commands were right, the Transform was right.. It just the name of the OID in the configuration doesn't like a period.