This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Alerts Sub-Tab

Hello All

Would it be possible to add host name to the table on the home Tab > Sub Tab Alerts?

i do like this tab but would think it would make more sense to have the Host name of the device that has triggered the alert and be able to sort by host name to group alerts together.

Thank you in advance for any solutions

Regards

Mark

• It's not possible today to sort the alerts view. This is a feature request we're tracking internally as FB132614 . In the meantime you can create report using the Report Writer sorted by the column of your choosing, then add it to any view as a resource.

• Hi Alterego

Can you please help me with writing this report ?

i am using a Active alerts report and i have the following select fields:

Network Node > Custom Properties > Customer

Alerts > Node Name

Alerts > Alert Time

Alerts > Alert Message

Alerts > Current Value

And i am not getting any results, but when i look at the alerts tab i do have active alerts outstanding

• The "Active Alerts" report type in the Report Writer only works with Basic Alerts. Not those generated from the Advanced Alert Manager. Below is a simply query you can enter into a "Custom Query" resource that will show you all nodes that have active alerts. You can change the sort method within the query itself by changing the "ORDER BY" statement.

--BEGIN CODE
    --Resource object used: Custom Query Object Resource
    --Resource Location: Miscellaneous -> Custom Query
    --View(s) using this: PLACE VIEW NAMES HERE

--Select DB columns and hyperlink fields
    SELECT a.ObjectName, a.TriggerTimeStamp,a.AcknowledgedBy, a.AcknowledgedTime,a.Notes, n.DetailsUrl AS [_LinkFor_ObjectName], '/Orion/images/StatusIcons/Small-' + StatusIcon AS [_IconFor_ObjectName],'/Orion/NetPerfMon/Alerts.aspx?NetObject=N%3a' + ToString(a.ActiveObject) AS [_LinkFor_TriggerTimeStamp]

FROM Orion.AlertStatus a
    JOIN Orion.NodesCustomProperties c ON c.NodeID = a.ActiveObject AND a.ObjectType = 'Node'
    JOIN Orion.Nodes n ON n.NodeID = c.NodeID

--Filter Info
    --Define NOC center
    --NOC center options are listed under GEO custom properties

--Sort by (Date)
    ORDER BY a.TriggerTimeStamp DESC
    --END CODE

Active Alerts SWQL Resource.png

This query can be expanded to support additional object types, like applications, components etc. If you need assistance with that I'm sure someone in the Orion SDK forum would be able to help you out