This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer 3.10.0 Hotfix 3

The SolarWinds Orion NetFlow Traffic Analyzer (NTA) Version 3.10.0 Hotfix 3 addresses the following issues:

• Flow processing is stalled, but NetFlow service appears to be running. Web console shows no data, even though flows are coming.
  • Last Received NetFlow time on NetFlow Sources resource does not update.
  • On Demand DNS resolution doesn't work if website uses any port other than 80. Hostnames are not resolved on Top Endpoints resource.
  • Flows from Cisco ASA Firewall with IOS 8.4(5) are not accepted.

This hotfix requires Orion NTA version 3.10.0 and is a cumulative hotfix that includes Hotfix 1 and 2.

http://downloads.solarwinds.com/solarwinds/Release/HotFix/NTA-v3.10.0-HotFix3.zip

Install this hotfix on both your primary Orion poller and any additional Orion poller(s) and any additional Orion website(s).

To install Hotfix 3:

1. Stop the NetFlow Service using Orion Service Manager. If NeFlow service is stalled, it switches to a "Stopping" state, but the service never actually stops.

In this situation, you need to kill the NetFlow service manually, as follows:
        a. Start Windows Task Manager and locate NetFlowService.exe in the Processes tab
        b. Right-click NetFlow Service.exe and choose End Process from menu.
2. Make a backup of the file: %ProgramFiles%\SolarWinds\Orion\NetFlowTrafficAnalysis\SolarWinds.Orion.NetFlow.dll
3. Make a backup of the file: %ProgramFiles%\SolarWinds\Orion\NetFlowTrafficAnalysis\NetflowTemplateSchemas.xml
4. Make a backup of the file: C:\inetpub\SolarWinds\Orion\TrafficAnalysis\Controls\DnsInfo.ascx.cs
5. Extract and copy SolarWinds.Orion.NetFlow.dll from the Hotfix archive to %ProgramFiles%\SolarWinds\Orion\NetFlowTrafficAnalysis\
6. Extract and copy NetflowTemplateSchemas.xml from the Hotfix archive to %ProgramFiles%\SolarWinds\Orion\NetFlowTrafficAnalysis\
7. Extract and copy DnsInfo.ascx.cs from the Hotfix archive to C:\inetpub\SolarWinds\Orion\TrafficAnalysis\Controls\
8. Start the NetFlow Service using Orion Service Manager.

To roll back Hotfix 3 (if needed):
1. Stop NetFlow service using Orion Service Manager.
2. Delete the file: %ProgramFiles%\SolarWinds\Orion\NetFlowTrafficAnalysis\SolarWinds.Orion.NetFlow.dll
3. Delete the file: %ProgramFiles%\SolarWinds\Orion\NetFlowTrafficAnalysis\NetflowTemplateSchemas.xml
4. Delete the file: C:\inetpub\SolarWinds\Orion\TrafficAnalysis\Controls\DnsInfo.ascx.cs
5. Restore the backed-up file as %ProgramFiles%\SolarWinds\Orion\NetFlowTrafficAnalysis\SolarWinds.Orion.NetFlow.dll
6. Restore the backed-up file as %ProgramFiles%\SolarWinds\Orion\NetFlowTrafficAnalysis\NetflowTemplateSchemas.xml
7. Restore the backed-up file as C:\inetpub\SolarWinds\Orion\TrafficAnalysis\Controls\DnsInfo.ascx.cs
8. Start the NetFlow Service using Orion Service Manager.

• Yes.....on-demand is working well! Thank you.

• Hi There, I need to install NTA 3.10.0 hotfix3  but before I begin I don't see file C:\inetpub\SolarWinds\Orion\TrafficAnalysis\Controls\DnsInfo.ascx.cs  on my system?? I don't even have the Solarwinds folder structure under inetpub.

Thanks in advance.

• Hey there, I would suggest running a search on your computer for that file, it may be that orion was installed in a diferent directory. Additionally, we just release NTA 3.11 which includes these hotfixes as well some new feature support. You can find NTA v3.11 in your customer portal under the licensing and maintenance section.

• Hi, I found 4 files in .dll format inside the folder.

ProgramFiles%\SolarWinds\Orion\NetFlowTrafficAnalysis\

1-SolarWinds.Orion.NetFlow.Common.dll

2-SolarWinds.Orion.NetFlow.Contracts.dll

3-SolarWinds.Orion.NetFlow.DataBaseMaintenance.dll

4-SolarWinds.Orion.NetFlow.Strings.dll

Is this the correct files i have to backup?

• Rnas,

folder C:\intepub\Solarwinds is default website location. The actual location depends on where you set the website to be located. You can find out easily by running Start > Programs > Solarwinds Orion >Configuration and .. > Configuration Wizard > select Website > Next - now there is field [Website Root directory] - note it somewhere and cancel the config wizzard. Now you should find the file in [Website Root directory]\Orion\TrafficAnalysis\Controls\DnsInfo.ascx.cs.

• Just proceed according to readme included in HF. Backup all files it tells you to backup. (You won't break anything if you backup extra files, however..)