5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 5, 2012 2:06 PM by familyofcrowes RSS

Orion has gone WACKED!

ACDII

Over the past couple weeks our Orion has been bogged down, and last night, we can no longer bring up the web interface on it.  We checked everything, the server resources are fine, it polls fine, it sends alerts fine, but the web interface itself just isn't working anymore.  I had another window open with Node Management, and noticed that I can still access that and make changes to nodes, but the HOME screen no longer comes up.  If I try to go to any other screen it eventually times out.

Error message: Request Timed Out

ErrorType: System.web.HttpException

• Re: Orion has gone WACKED!
    tomas.pospisil

Hello ACDII,

please try restart IIS, you can use command

iisreset

under Administrator account in commandline or PowerShell.

If problem persists create new support ticket and post number here,

thank you TP.

jpleblanc

Quick suggestion, always use the noforce switch when possible.

iisreset /noforce

Also, if you are on a server hosting multiple other web sites, please consider recycling the application pool of orion before doing an entire IIS reset.

JP

ACDII

We figured it out. The time between the servers was way off.  Once we corrected NTP on them, Orion has been working fine.

jpleblanc

Thanks for the info!

JP

familyofcrowes

We have a major issue with timing and our 3 pollers.  If time is off by more than 10 minutes all sorts of funky things happen.  For some reason our NTP is screwed up....  server guys issue now....

We also find that the IIS application pool needs to be reset about every three weeks.  If not the web becomes very slow and eventually quits just like u said above.  We now reboot every 30 days to help prevent all these oddities....

I love windows....   :-(