1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 3, 2012 2:09 AM by lukas.cerny RSS

SEUM 1.5  Disable screenshot collection for transaction

mdriskell

Is it possible to disable the screenshot collection for a transaction?  I have a transaction I need to configure but it includes sensitive information that I cannot have stored.  If I can't disable would it be possible to script deletion of these files.

• Re: SEUM 1.5  Disable screenshot collection for transaction
    lukas.cerny

Hello Mike,

support for disabling screenshots for specific transaction was added in WPM 2.0 (this can be found on the Edit transaction page in the Advanced section). SEUM 1.5.x supports only disabling of screenshot collection for a whole location. So I'd recommend you to upgrade to WPM 2.0. If this is not possible, you can disable screenshot collection for a whole playback location by doing the following:

1. Stop the Playback Player service
    2. Backup and edit SolarWinds.SEUM.Agent.Worker.exe.config file in the player installation directory (by default: c:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion\SEUM\Player)
    3. Locate the line with <agentWorkerConfiguration /> element
    4. Change it to <agentWorkerConfiguration takeCurrentScreenshots="false" takeFailedScreenshots="false" /> (if the agentWorkerConfiguration element contained any other attributes make sure that they are preserved after the change)
    5. Save changes and restart Playback Player service

Let me know if you have any questions.