This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Orion SDK: Error 'no endpoint listening'

Hi all,

I am working on a version of the script mentioned here () and am running the script from NCM (version 7.0.2) server where I installed the SDK (version 1.5) and received this error.

Get-SwisData : There was no endpoint listening at net.tcp://localhost:17777/SolarWinds/InformationService/v3/Orion/ssl that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action. See InnerException, if present, for more details.

At C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion SDK\CopyNodes from Orion to NCM.ps1:57 char:18

+ if ((Get-SwisData  <<<< $target "SELECT Field FROM Orion.CustomProperty WHERE Table='Nodes' AND Field='ImportedByAPI'") -eq $null)

When I commented this line of code out, I received the same error on the next Get-SwisData command. The only changes I have made to the script are for username and password and IP Address.

Anyone know what might be going on here?

• Figured out the issue...NCM 7.0.2 is not compatible with the SDK 1.5. I uninstalled 1.5 and installed 1.4. Works like a champ!

• Hi,

I looked at your issue and it is not as simple as it may look like. It happens because the SDK 1.5 has the support for SWIS v3 and without the version switch in connection string you are by default connecting to the SWIS v3 (also mentioned in the error message). If you want to use the new SDK for your current installation, you have to use the switch -V2.

It will look then (according to the used script):

$source = Connect-Swis -Credential $credential1 -Hostname $hostname1 -V2

After upgrade to the newer NCM (or installing NPM 10.3, SAM 5.2, etc.) you can then remove the switch to use SWIS v3