9 Replies Latest reply: Nov 6, 2012 5:53 PM by superfly99 RSS

IPAM showing exclusion ranges

fmckechnie

is there a way to show exclusion ranges witihn IPAM? we have all our inactive IP's on a guest vlan excluded and would like this to be shown within IPAM.  The reason behind this is to monitor what people are plugging in to our network and to stop everyone using these ports, I currently cant find out how to show these exclusion ranges.

• Re: IPAM showing exclusion ranges
    superfly99

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you talking about an excluded range in DHCP? And are you only using the DHCP ranges within IPAM?

If so, you could just manually add in the 'excluded' range to IPAM itself. It will then scan it.

• Re: IPAM showing exclusion ranges
      fmckechnie

We exclude IP addresses within DHCP from being handed out to stop 3rd parties just using our guest network on our offshore platforms, we want them to specify why they need the access before we aprove access to that network. We then provide a reservation and update the exclusion range.

If i was ot manually add it and then update the exclusion would this make the changes in DHCP? we are wanting to be able to use IPAM to create these reservations without having to launch DHCP.

Thanks