This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Alerting with Groups

Hi All,

I am new here on thwack but have been playing with the Solarwinds installation that I inherited at my company.  I have done a lot of things in the software, but I am stuck on a specific alert that I want to configure.  I have created multiple alerts on devices and have them alerting to the proper people using custom properties on each of the nodes.  I simply put email addresses in the custom properties and can send emails to the contacts that are supposed to get them.  For example I send emails netadmin-<site>@mycompany.com and netadmin-<region>@mycompany.com which are defined in the custom property, but I am having difficulty with groups.  I have set up groups to suppress alerts coming from individual devices at sites if WAN links go down and that is working fine, but I am having trouble with sending an alert to the proper Netadmim for each site.  What I want to happen is to have an alert sent to the site and regional netadmins when a specific site (called groups) goes down.  What I cannot figure out is how to add custom properties to a group or how to get those custom properties from members in a group.  I have done a search on thwack and found this that seems to be closest to what I want to do.but cannot seem to find the answers.

BTW, this is an excellent repository for information I have used it extensively to help me understand how the different components of Solarwinds work and for the setup I have done thus far.  So thanks for that and any help you can provide on my issue.

Thanks,

Dave