This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Backup Alteon Application Switch SSL configs in NCM

Hi,

Is it possible to back up the SSL configs on the Alteon application switches to NCM. The device template that was in the content exchange only backs up the main configs but the SSL config is separate from this so it doesn't get backed up.

Thanks in advance,

A

• Sounds like what you want is a custom config type.

See the NCM administrator guide on config types at:

http://www.solarwinds.com/documentation/orionNCM/docs/orionNCMAdministratorGuide.pdf

Look at Enabling a New Config Type. chapter 5, page 97

After you set up the config type, you may have to alter the template with the correct CLI commands for the SSL config.

• Hi Ayo,

I would like to extend Lorenzo's useful hints with some more.

I recommend you to check this thread which gives you the big picture of the whole situation.

I don't know Alteon CLI but a quick Google search gave me the following:

The command to backup the config in the CLI probably looks like

Configuration# ptcfg <TFTP/FTP server> <filename> {-tftp | ftp user name ftp password} [-m | -mgmt | -d | -data]

You must, of course, modify this command to back up the SSL part. As Lorenzo said, this will probably require you to create a new ConfigType.

Then the appropriate command in the device template should look like this:

<Command Name="DOWNLOADCONFIGINDIRECT" Value="ptcfg ${StorageAddress} ${StorageFilename} -tftp ??? " RegEx="#"/>

I don't know what the [-m | -mgmt | -d | -data] options mean, so you have to replace the ??? with something meaningful to backup the SSL part. I suppose that the ${ConfigType} will be included.

Please let us all know your progress.

Regards,

Jiri

• Hi guys, thanks for the replies. I'm still not able to get this working. I think there might be a problem with the Alteon device itself as I can't even backup the SSL configs manually using a TFTP/FTP server.