This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Complex Alert

FormerMember
FormerMember

Hello,

We are monitoring Tomcat Application servers Heap Memory usage. So now i want to configure alert if  Used Heap memory is equal to Max Heap memroy then send alert. For this i am configuring Advance Complex alert because it has filed to compare two component. But i don't know how do i put login in place. Here what i did but its not working.. Could you suggest how do i compare two value?

alert.png

• Hey Satish,

First, if the node is down you're going to have an unknown status for your application, so you needn't check for that.  Second, you've already set the component name to 'Memory Heap Used (B)' so you then need to compare the status of that component to the 'Memory Heap Max Size (B)' value.  It should read: field Component Status (or numeric status, if that's available - I'm drawing a blank) is greater than or equal to Memory Heap Max Size (B).

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to mrxinu

If i chose Component status then in last filed its giving me following. Its not giving me Memory Heap Max Size (B) emoticons_sad.png

alert2.png

• Ah okay, I see what the challenge is - I'll think on it for a bit.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to mrxinu

Other work around is i can statically configure values but problem is we have different different heap memory configured of every server. so i thought it would be great if i have dynamic alert option which will figure out Max size and Used size and if its equal then send alert. I am sure its possible using SQL query but i am not expert emoticons_sad.png. following is components output.

cc.png

• Dynamic is the way to go for sure; at the very least you could have a scheduled task in the database copy the values from the component to a node custom property so you have the per-node maximum.  I'll see if I can hack together some SQL for you when I get back into the customer site Monday morning.