This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NCM startup-config not correct

I backup our configs every night from 450+ switches and routers.  Everything works flawlessly except for one thing that just started after I upgraded NCM/NPM/UDT...

Now, I have 2 devices(Nexus 5K/5.0(3)N2(1)) that solarwinds is messing up the downloaded startup-config.

The downloaded startup-config omits lines that are present in the running-config and if I log into the switch, the commands are clearly there.  I've manually copied the startup-config to a tftp server, the lines are there.  Going back to solarwinds, download the startup-config again, missing the same lines as before.  Running config downloads correctly every single time.

Thoughts/theories?

Fix?

Thanks in advance,

Tony

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

Hi

Could be a timing issue as I have noticed that Nexus do take longer to login than an IOS device.

I am running version 5.0(3)N1(1b) with no issues

what template do you use and what are your timeout settigs for SSH/telnet and the prompt timeout have you tried adjusting these

Kind Regards

James

• Where exactly are these timers?  I use the auto template...

• So I found the timer settings within the server-side NCM application... raised the ssh connection/prompt timers to 60sec/30sec respectively... downloaded a new startup... still omitting lines.  i don't think it's a timer issue, I get the running-config just fine.

I'm going to restart the server and see if that helps.

Thanks,

Tony

• Ok... restart did not fix it.

Lines omitted are:

feature interface-vlan

interface Vlan1
    interface Vlan2
      no shutdown
      description vPC Keepalive Layer 3 Interface
      vrf member vpckeepalive
      ip address x.x.x.x/30
    interface Vlan88
      no shutdown
      description Switch Mgmt. Interface
      ip address x.x.x.x/24

So for some reason, it appears that the startup config is omitting anything "vlan interface" related...?

• It seems to be a bug in V7 - we went back to 6.1 as it wouldn't download Fortigate configs anymore - omitted lines there as well (when it could figure out how to login as for some reason it kept trying to pass the variable NAME instead of the variable content to the devices as login name.   Daft.