6 Replies Latest reply: Jun 21, 2012 3:39 PM by SteveSW RSS

speed on interfaces is incorrect

drudge

Brand new install of win vista 64bit that was immediately upgraded to win 7 home premium 64bit. i installed the free real-time netflow analyzer and my interface speeds are ridiculously high.

For instance, it is currently showing me doing over 100Mbits out of my 30Mbit connection while 'sh int fa1/0/0' only shows 3Mbits going out. Even my bonded ds1 multilink is pushing over 10Mbits outbound somehow....

When I use a competitor's product, the Mbits are correctly displayed. I have MRTG and Cacti polling those same interfaces and they are also showing the correct current Mbit/s speed.

However, after this fresh new install of win7, I am unable to get accurate Mbit/s report from this SolarWinds product. I know it can work well because I had it perfect prior to this re-install of win7 64bit. I'm not sure what I had on the laptop before, but man, this sure isnt coming out right at all and I'm at a loss now after troubleshooting this for a few days.

Any suggestions?

My setup:

I'm NAT'd behind a WRTG54 wireless router. My IP is currently in the DMZ for testing reasons. previous port forwards were/are still in place for 161-162 (snmp) and 9999 (netflow).

ip flow-cache timeout active 1

ip flow-export source FastEthernet1/0/0
ip flow-export version 5
ip flow-export destination public.ip.addy.home 9999

ip route-cache flow is enabled on 3 FastEthernet interfaces. fist interface is our Ethernet WAN hand-off from our ISP, the other two interfaces are Ethernet hand-offs to two racks of equipment.

snmp-server community tacosnachos RO 50
snmp-server ifindex persist
snmp-server enable traps tty

access-list 50 permit public.ip.addy.home

• Re: speed on interfaces is incorrect
    DanielleH

Hi drudge--

Let me expedite this for you.  I have notified the PM and you should hear back shortly.

Thank you,
    DH

***Edit:

Drudge- Christine Bentsen (PMM for Free Tools) is out of the office until 11/14.  Look for her response on this coming up Monday.

SteveSW

drudge,

We have been looking into reproducing this issue and we believe we have found the problem. We will contact you in PM and a fix to you in the next couple of days.

--

Steve

drudge

A fix was sent and seems to be much closer to what 'sh int' speeds are reporting.

I imagine the fix will be posted here by a staff member for anyone encountering this opportunity in the near future.

Thanks for the promptness and effort!

drudge

Now I have to constantly re-add the SNMP credentials in order for the interface names to appear.

I populate the correct SNMP values with the server it automatically finds and the correct public string. It will then replace all the Interface83 and Interface2 with proper values; moments later it all goes back to Interface83 and Interface2.