3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 19, 2011 4:48 PM by Karlo.Zatylny RSS

10.2 RC issue

bjamieso

So... my first attempt at installing the NPM10.2 RC ended in a hung server. The web portion was nowhere to be found and the System Manager (on the server) would not start. The zip has 3 files - a FULL of NPM, the new poller app and 'web based only'. Do I need the last 2?

I'll be trying again today.

• Re: 10.2 RC issue
    netlogix

you only need the one (full) if you have a simple environment (less than ~5000 elements).

bjamieso

Thanx. BTW - it was RC3 not 2 I was trying. Just tried again and again it could not finish. Error:

Service 'OrionModuleEngine' (OrionModuleEngine) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services. Retry - fails; Cancel - aborts.

Was using the Local System before upgrade and still is. It starts manually no problem. I am logged in as Domain Admin. But the Configurator did not run after the upgrade and the web site is no longer available.

Think I'll pass on this one.

Karlo.Zatylny

Hi Bruce,

I would suspect that one of the files is not getting overwritten properly.  Diagnostics would tell us for sure, but support should be able to help you sort out why your service is failing to start.  Finding which file is not getting updated will be a matter of reading the log files or taking a look at the file list output by diagnostics.

We would love you have to upgrade to the RC if there is anything we can do to help.

Thanks