This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Windows 7 client getting prompted for Admin cred when browsing to NPM, ...

Our SolarWinds products are running fine when accessed from our XP Pro workstations.  However, as we near rollout of Windows 7, I keep getting prompted for Administrator credentials, when I have Orion (NPM, etc) up in a window.  And while I can give it my Admin cred, it keeps asking ... every few minutes. 

The basic image is locked down for most users, and that is what I'm testing.  So I get prompted for Admin cred when I add drivers, etc.  Most of this is normal and expected.  But I don't know what Orion wants or needs. 

The message is not very specific.  Title: User Account Control; Msg: Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer?; Program name: Internet Explorer Add-on Installer; Verified publisher: Microsoft Windows; File origin: Hard drive on this computer

And then it wants Admin User-ID and PW.  I can get details on the cert, but it doesn't help me. 

There is really no indication that this is an Orion/NPM issue, other than it comes from that window, and if closed I don't get prompted.  I can signon with Admin cred, adjust security settings down, and avoid the prompts, but that goes against the idea of securing workstations at the desired level. 

I hope someone has a simple answer.  Don't assume that I have great Windows skills.  :-)