7 Replies Latest reply: Jun 21, 2011 11:07 AM by julrich RSS

Selected Node Properties Glitch

julrich

I have a "Selected Node Properties" Resource on my Node Properties Page showing my custom properties.

Yesterday I added a new custom property, "Manufacturer", To my Nodes table which is a Text field 50 chars long.

When I added that Custom Property to the Selected Node Properties Resource it broke the view:

Before:

After:

Even if I remove the new custom property from the resource it remains broken. Soon I will attempt to delete the custom property all together, but I don't like having to do that.

I have already tried updating report schemas, that didn't help.

Anyone run into this before or have a fix?

  • Re: Selected Node Properties Glitch
    Andy McBride

    Hi Jonathan,

    I have not seen this before but you should open a ticket and see if we can find a solution that does not involve you redoing all that work.

    Andy

  • Re: Selected Node Properties Glitch
    JesperVestergaard

    Hi

    This issues also occured in my environment.. Any resolution to your case ?

    i hope.. :)

    Even when adding the resource from scratch, it breaks

    • Re: Selected Node Properties Glitch
      julrich

      Nope, still broken.

      I even just finished installing updates to all of my components 2 weeks ago, and that did not resolve the issue.

      I have a feeling it has to do with the datatypes of some of my Custom Properties.

       

      For now, I can suggest this as a workaround.

      Add a custom HTML Resource, and insert something like the following:

      <B>AlertBypass:</B> ${AlertBypass}<BR>
      <B>Environment:</B> ${Environment}<BR>
      <B>Application:</B> ${App}<BR>
      <B>Application Owner:</B> ${AppOwner}<BR>
      <B>CPU Load Threshold:</B> ${CPULoad_Marker}<BR>
      <B>DMZ:</B> ${DMZ}<BR>
      <B>Hardware Owner:</B> ${HWOwner}<BR>
      <B>Manufacturer:</B> ${Manufacturer}<BR>
      <B>Model:</B> ${Model}<BR>
      <B>SN:</B> ${SerialNumber}<BR>
      <B>Rack location:</B> ${RackLocation}<BR>

      • Re: Selected Node Properties Glitch
        JesperVestergaard

        I had the same idea, yet i don´t see any strange date in my custom props.

        I feel that the resource is not beeing permitted to read the content of the cust prop tables, as when i add the resource again (blank un-edited) it still fails, and show only parts of the custom property values.

        For the intrested my case ref is 251693.

        This is a major issue, as our 1 and 2 line stafgf is not able to see circuit info, SLA levels, who to call (site info etc) for our nodes - Which does make their life a bit problematic, when a circuit fails... What to do..      - I´ll try to make a workarround in the morning - if the case cant be resolved by then.

        Could you post your ticket num for references - Maybe we can avoid hours of troubleshooting, by looking at your case for comparison ?

        SW PM - Could you put some dev resources into this case - Seeing the above issue not sesolved since march, get´s me concerned.

      • Re: Selected Node Properties Glitch
        JesperVestergaard

        I had the same idea, yet i don´t see any strange date in my custom props.

        I feel that the resource is not beeing permitted to read the content of the cust prop tables, as when i add the resource again (blank un-edited) it still fails, and show only parts of the custom property values.

        For the intrested my case ref is 251693.

        This is a major issue, as our 1 and 2 line stafgf is not able to see circuit info, SLA levels, who to call (site info etc) for our nodes - Which does make their life a bit problematic, when a circuit fails... What to do..      - I´ll try to make a workarround in the morning - if the case cant be resolved by then.

        Could you post your ticket num for references - Maybe we can avoid hours of troubleshooting, by looking at your case for comparison ?

        SW PM - Could you put some dev resources into this case - Seeing the above issue not sesolved since march, get´s me concerned.

        • Re: Selected Node Properties Glitch
          atoomey

          Hi Jesper and Jonathan,

          Development found the issue and we just verified the fix for Jesper.

          Note, the fix will be reverted by running the config wizard for the website. So I recommend making the change and saving the file elsewhere so you can easily reimplement it.

          This will be implemented to the next release of NPM as a permanent fix.

          To resolve this.

          1. Navigate to the Inetpub folder and backup / edit the following:

          C:\inetpub\SolarWinds\Orion\NetPerfMon\Controls\EditResourceControls\EditCustomPropertyList.ascx.cs

          2. At the end of this file you will see:

          _properties["PropertyList"] = String.Join(separator.ToString(), selected.ToArray());

          Change this to:

          _properties["PropertyList"] = String.Join(", ", selected.ToArray());

          3. Save that change and backup that file again so you can reimplement easily.

          4. On the web console go to the Node Details page and edit the Custom Property list resources. Click Apply. This will parse the list of properties correctly now.

          Hope this helps.

          Regards,

          Alan